The Traditional Japanese Experience
Welcome to the official website of Itoan, a hostel in Izumo converted from a traditional Japanese inn built in the Shōwa period. Located just a 5 minute walk from Izumoshi Station, our hostel is loved by travellers and locals alike for being a place where they can socialize, have a drink, and make friends from around the world.
Our hostel is located just 5 minutes away from JR Izumoshi Station on foot, making it a prime location for those visiting the Izumo Taisha Grand Shrine. Converted from a ryokan built in 1945, it is the perfect opportunity for guests to experience the traditional style from that time period.
This is a place where locals from Izumo and travellers from around the world can gather!
Each room offers its own unique interior design, with decorative windows, ceilings, and various features of a traditional Japanese room. Although the building was constructed immediately following World War II, the interior has been carefully preserved and is still in pristine condition even to this day. Our hardworking staff regularly conducts cleaning duties to ensure that the hostel remains a pleasant and authentic experience.
|Single (private room)||7,000 yen/room|
|Double (private room)||7,000 yen/room|
|Triple (private room)||10,000 yen/room|
|Quadruple (private room)||12,000 yen/room|
*Please make a reservation after you fix the date you stay.
*The long stay discount is here!>>Go to the Long stay page
Male & Female Dormitories
Those who prefer more privacy may book a single or twin room.
Single & Twin Private Rooms
Triple & Quadruple Private Rooms
The Lounge (-RO-)
*Self-serve meals may not be available during certain events.
Music & Manga
▶Click here for more information about Ranpu no yu.
|Shower||Shampoo & body soap||Hair dryer||Coffee & tea|
|Toothbrush (100)||Earplugs (100)||Towel (200)||Parking (500)|
|Bicycle parking (200)||Dinner (700-)||Drinks (300~)|
Please Note the Following
Check-in & Check-out
|Check-in||17:00 – 22:00|
|Curfew after check-in||None|
- Guests who are unable to arrive before 22:00 will be charged a late check-in fee of 500 yen for every 30 minutes. Please understand as our hostel is a small facility with limited staff.
- No special procedures are required during check-out. Guests may check-out at any time in the morning.
- We do not accept credit cards. Please be ready to pay with cash.
- The hostel is closed every day for cleaning from 10:00 to 17:00. Even if you are staying for multiple nights, we ask that all guests exit the building during this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Those fail to follow the hostel’s rules, or otherwise cause disturbances to other guests, may be refused service or asked to leave.
As our lodging has limited space, we ask that guests be absolutely sure of their availability before booking. If a cancellation is necessary, please notify us via phone call.
|Date of Cancellation||Cancellation Fee|
|7 days before arrival(between 22:00 8 days before the reservation date ~ 22:00 of 2 days before the reservation date)||20% of lodging fee|
|Day before arrival,Day of arrival, no-show||100% of lodging fee|
Groups & Longer Stays
- Guests who stay for over a week may be eligible for a discount. Please consult with our staff for details.
- Guests who plan to stay for five or more nights, and guests staying in groups of five or more people, will be asked to pay in advance via bank transfer. Please understand that if the payment is not made by a certain date, your reservation may be cancelled.
- There are currently no discounts for large groups.
Policies Regarding Children
- Young children may stay in private rooms if accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Children who do not need to use their own futon will only be charged 1000 yen/night. Children who use their own futon will be charged the usual amount per night.
- Children with tendencies to cry at night may risk disturbing other guests. We unfortunately must ask that parents and guardians refrain from bringing these children to the lodging area.
It’s only 5 minutes from Izumoshi sta. to our place.